Saturday, January 12, 2008

Long Overdue Update


Well, I'm sorry it's been so long. We have been so busy since the new year. Now let me give you all an update. We had a great Christmas. We all got some great stuff. William splurged a little and got me a really nice digital camera. I love it, but I've misplaced the manual. William doesn't know though, so nobody tell him. He's already wanting to put tracking devices on everything I own. This would just be one more thing to add to that list. Anyway, I just got some rechargeable batteries for the camera, so hopefully you will be seeing a lot more photos on my new personal website (also part of my Christmas): www.capturingforever.com So far I mostly just have pictures of Adi, but coming this February, I will have my first Wedding shots! Janae, I might be calling you to get some helpful hints about lighting. Right now I'm taking pictures just for fun, but I'm hoping after I take my digital photography class I can get more serious and earn us some extra moola. We could definitely use it right now. Anyway, William has been asking me for a remote control airplane ever since I met him. And in order to be good R/C driver, without wrecking it the first time, they have this R/C Flight Simulator you can get for your computer. So I decided to get that for him. And when I see that his flight skills have improved then we'll talk about an actual airplane. My parents did Adi's Christmas this year. She got this fun ball popper toy, that we still haven't got batteries for. We even went to the store last night to get batteries for my camera and managed to completely forget the size D. Maybe on the next trip to Walmart. She also got Ant's in the Squarepants. Now I know this isn't exactly a toy for a 10 month old, but she loves it. She can't flip the ants yet on her own, but she laughs hysterically when I do it. Oh yeah! She also started walking a week before Christmas!! We were excited that she learned so quickly, but we sure have to chase her around a lot now. She eats everything, gets into everythng, and kisses everything. Yeah we're in trouble.
Anyway, since new years William has started taking online classes, ward basketball started for men and women, and Stephanie went back to work so I am watching Hunter now. Let's just say it's reassured me that I don't want more kids yet.
That's all for now. I'll try to post more frequently so they don't have to be so long.

3 comments:

Travis said...

so do tell, what kind of camera did you get? Are you already signed up for a class? Travis has a tutorial that should get you going, a good basis. You really should start reading that and doing the assignments ASAP! This will help you tons. There is so much to know and learn! Just when you think you know stuff, you will discover there is so much more.
We would love to help you and I already have some suggestions from looking at your pictures.

You already have a wedding booked? Wow you work fast.=) Congrats on the new camera, photography is a challenging and rewarding hobby! We look forward to seeing more photos and helping you learn.

janae

Travis said...

Congrats on the presents, I would love to see William fly that plane when he gets good at it. Also congrats on the new camera, it will be a lot of fun for you, but you shouldn't misplace the manual, that can be helpful. There is a series called the magic lantern, it is a group that writes a more in depth manual on every camera model out there. We have one for our camera and it is definitely more helpful than the manual that came with the camera.

When do you start your class? That will be fun too, I learned a lot from the class I took. I hope that you know what you're getting into with trying to do things as difficult as a wedding. Photography isn't as easy as it seems, and it isn't cheap either. You will need a good variety of lenses, a good flash (at the very least), photoshop, or some other post processing software, and a really good knowledge of what your camera can do. If you don't completely understand your camera with confidence then you won't know what to do when you get in a shooting situation you didn't plan for. I just hope you are fair enough to potential customers to have a good working knowledge, and the right equipment to be charging them lots of money.

Good luck, and have fun.

Travis

Richard & Analeis said...

WOW!!! I had no idea you were doing photography. That's so great! Congratulations! The site looks great! And it sounds like you guys were spoiled for Christmas. Lil' Adi is such a cutie! I WANT ONE!!! ;-)

Keep in touch stranger!