Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's all the hype?

I have heard from a million people that I absolutely MUST read the Twilight books. I don't know. It really doesn't sound like my kind of story. If any of you have read anything by Clair Poulsen and want to recommend it, please do! He's my favorite author by far!! However. . . I was doing a little web surfing and I came across this preview, and I THINK I might give it a chance! Take a look for yourself!!








I'll be honest, it looks okay. Maybe if I have some of my die hard fan friends (Laura or Jen) come with me, I'll enjoy it more!

2 comments:

Marie Lefler said...

Okay, so that trailer doesn't even describe what Twilight is.

Melissa I was the same as you. A story about vampires? What a crock! I didn't feel like reading about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I kept telling my sister-in-law, thanks but no thanks.

Well I finally gave in and started to read it when I was pregnant with Gwen, or maybe it was after I had her. Anyway, it is such a great read. If you even like Harry Potter at all, you will love this. It is different from Harry Potter, but as good of a read.

So I am not a big reader. I can honestly say that if I don't get right into the book than I just don't finish it. But this one caught my interest right off and kept it.

It is an unlikely love story with the twist of vampires that are actually good vampires. They are essentially "vegetarian" vampires that don't kill people, but animals.

I really can't describe it without giving everything away. But I promise you if you start these books you will not stop until you are done. Take it from someone to protested to reading it and also a person who doesn't read books like crazy. I would rather watch a movie.

I will warn you, my children were neglected a lot until I was finished with the series.

I will be very mad at you if you don't read these books. I will hunt you down and force your eyes open and....... Okay, maybe not, but believe me it is an awesome book.

So I think my comment is longer than your post. Oh well, maybe now you will feel the peer pressure and go for it!

Love ya. Marie

Michael & Kara said...

Ummm LISSA!!!! YOU HAVE TO READ THESE BOOKS!!! I DEMAND IT! Ha ha ... they are the BEST books I have ever read! You will fall in love with some characters and hate others. Its so great. One of those books you can't put down!! Do it!