Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Come What May, and Love It!


Those are the words of President Joseph B. Wirthlin who at 91 years old, after serving as an apostle for 22 years, is finally reunited with his beloved sweetheart!
I remember that I especially enjoyed his talk this past conference. I loved his analogy that he opened with. Asking how many of us had ever been yelled at for leaving a cupboard open, or been set up on a horrible blind date? He then stating that there are much more serious things in life that give reason for yelling. An open cupboard is not one of them. We need to Learn to Laugh & Enjoy Life.

Because Jesus Christ suffered so greatly, He understands our sorrow. So we experience hard things that we too may have increased compassion for others.

He reminded us that Heavenly Father will make weak things become strong. What an awesome thing for our FATHER to do.

He told us to Seek for the Eternal, Trust in the Lord, & Do Our Best.

I am so grateful that I was able to her so many of his wonderful stories, talks, testimonies, & jokes of course. I know my testimony was strengthened because of him. He was such a spiritual giant in my eyes! He was a very great man that I have learned a lot from & I hope to be able to teach my kids about how great he was. That even though he is no longer with us, his life will not be forgotten.

May we all remember to thank our Father in Heaven for being so priviledged to have known him.

0 comments: