Wednesday, February 20, 2008
We were just in the right place, at the right time!
at
9:48 PM
My sister-in-law, Stephanie, and I have been going around enjoying the parade of homes for the last few days. Yesterday we went down to the home in Sun River. As we were driving, we noticed a huge sign that advertised some free burgers. So after walking through the home we went to look for our free grub. We got a little lost in the neighborhood, and weren't exactly sure where this place was, so we thought about just going home. Right then we saw another sign telling us where to go so we turned around. When we got inside there was this cute older lady in the line behind us. She noticed the sun in Adi's eyes and tried to block it for her. She then proceeded to do what most people do, baby talk and tickle the "sweet little girl". Then she asked me what her name was. She tells me that Adielle is a beautiful name and very different. She just happens to know a lot about names and and their meanings. This is a name she's never heard before. ( I know she's never heard it before because there is only one other person in the whole world that has it. That's why I like it so much) Just then, the line starts to move forward. The woman, of the couple, that had just gotten their food approached me with sort of a stunned look on her face. "What did you say your daughter's name was?" she asks. "Adielle," I repeat, very confused at her reaction. ( You see since Adielle is not a common name, usually when someone hears it for the first time, they smile, awkwardly, and say, "Oooooh. . . . . thaaat'ssss. . . . different. . . " And this women seemed almost as though she had just found a long last friend.) So she then asks me where I got the name. I told her that I just knew someone YEARS ago with the name and I fell in love with it. I knew then, that that was what I would name my first girl. So she asks how I knew the girl. ( Ok, I'm getting a little weirded out by this lady, is she going somewhere with all of these questions? Or is she a secret spy tying to get something out of me?) Alright, I give in, I knew the girl, Adiel, when I was dancing at Elite Acadamy. We were in the cheer technique class together. I really only have one single memory with her. ~ the teacher was late one day and I was looking at the class role. I saw the name, asked who it was. Adiel told me that it was her real name, I think she went by Adi, I can't remember. What a cute name!! ~ And that's all. Well, the lady looks at me with a HUGE smile and says, " That's my daughter!!!" What a small world we live in. And to think we almost didn't go. I wouldn't have met her nor would she have met my little Adi. Before her and her husband left I gave them this website so they could tell their Adiel the story and have her look me up. I truly hope that she does. All I remember about her is that she is very pretty & kinda tall with long, kinda dark hair. She was very good at cheering and I didn't think I was, so I was a little intimidated by her. I was very much an observer. I made one friend in the class and didn't really talk to anyone else. I regret that now. I wish I wouldn't been so afraid to talk to people. But I do feel like I have been given some second chances, similar to this one. My only regret this time is not getting any info for her. Now I just have to wait and hope that she contacts me. Wish me luck!!!!
With Love~
Melissa
Topic:
Happy Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What a cool story Melissa. Who knew? I hope she contacts you as well. Fun Thanks for sharing. How is the business venture going? Your picture did really well last week in the challenge. My MIL told me last night that yours was her very favorite and she was surprised you didn't win the blue ribbon!
Janae
Its me!
haha
I loved your version of the story. Of course I'm mildly embarrassed, but hugely entertained by my mother. Its so like her to go and make best friends with and get entire life stories out of complete strangers. Its a great trait of hers.
One small correction, that was my mother and her new husband, my step-father. A great guy, but not my blood father.
I love that you added "le" to the end. I've always thought that would be a great alternative spelling to my name. I've always hoped people that I've known throughout my life would use my name for future generations and to my knowledge, you're the first. Congrats! ;)
Also, to my knowledge Adiel is a name of Hebrew origin meaning "ornament of the Lord" or "adornment of the Lord"
Post a Comment