Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We Love Baby Signing Time!!

I just found out about a contest that signing time is having and it has to be entered by October 1st at midnight! So here we are, posting our entry for why we love signing time SOOO much!

My husband's Mother's Day gift to me in 2007 was volumes 1& 2 of Baby Signing Time. Our little girl was only 6 weeks old at the time, but we wanted to start her very early. By 6 months she was using her first sign, "bath." And by a year old she knew more than half the signs taught on the videos. And now at 18 months, she knows ALL the signs from the videos & more! We catch it on TV whenever we can!
Adielle is a very fast learner and life with her is pretty easy going. I believe that Signing Time plays a big part in that! Because we could communicate with her at such a young age, we've never had a problem knowing what she wants. It's made our crazy life less crazy to not have to translate baby talk. Plus with William being away at bootcamp right now, I really enjoy being able to talk with Adi about where her Daddy is and when she'll get to see him again.
I believe that kids who know ASL, are much more well behaved. They enjoy learning and reading more than others. I have seen it first hand with my own daughter, and would encourage ALL parents to use Signing Time as their method of teaching. If you're not familiar with it, then here are some previews of Volumes 3& 4 of Baby Signing Time coming out this October!


We have personally tried other methods and this is definitely the BEST! The colors are brighter, & the songs are VERY catchy!! I find myself singing them quite often!! Give it a try!! We love Signing Time for bringing so much music & laughter into our lives!!

1 comments:

The Lynes Family said...

I totally love signing time. I'd watch it before i even had any kids. lol i think it's way cool and love how you can talk to them. love all the cute pictures