I'm not one to really set any official new year's resolutions, but i am constantly setting new goals for myself. And New Year's is the perfect time to get a new start on things. And as part of 'Talk to me Tuesday' on the Tip Junkie website, we were challenged to pick a word that sums up what we want for ourselves in 2009. So I am going to share with you the things that I want to work on and what I want out of this next year:
1)Increase my Patience
2)Scripture Study
3)Family Home Evening
4)Blogging
5)Learn new things to do with Adi (we get really bored because I don't know what to do with her. So if any of you have tips or ideas, please share them!!)
Now Patience and Learn are two of the words that I'd like to focus on this year. But the most important word that stands out to me, that I need to use more in my vocabulary, is LIVE. While my husband is training to be part of something so great, I feel that I am sitting here waiting for something to happen. Waiting for a place of my own, waiting to make new friends, waiting to add to our family. I'm tired of waiting. I want to be strong, and dedicated to something. Rather than waiting to be together again, as a family, I want to move forward. I want to see what I can accomplish in the next 4 or 5 months while William is at school. I am going to Learn something new. I am going to bring out the best in myself. I am going to LIVE!!
Now I want to know what your word of the year is going to be! What do you want for yourself in 2009? In one word. Let's see if we can help eachother acheive our goals and make 2009 a great year!
Click here to learn more about the word of the year!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That's qite deep and poetic, Missy- my words are Act and Love.
Wow thanks for sharing. I don't have a word quite yet, I will have to think about it.
I did a lot of searches online for toddler activities to find things to do with Noah. I found some fun things to do. That might help.
Your grandma was Lila Mae? OH MY CUTE!!! I hope she was a neat lady. I have 2 friends now whose grannies were Lila's.
Ideas for fun things to do: beats me. haha. I wonder what I'm going to do with Lyla all the time. We fortunately live within walking distance to 2 parks, a library, restaurants that allow me to even take our pup and... well, I don't know. There are mueseums everywhere.
Word of the year? Shape. I want to be in shape in every aspect, spiritually, physically, family, etc.
Post a Comment